Baby and ME

Parents-in-law have been wanting to have a grandchild. Too bad that we can't give them that NOW. Few weeks ago Andrew told me that his mom asked, "no news?" Andrew just laughed it off and said "yeah yeah, no news. No luck."



Last year, everyone was asking, "when will you be getting married?"
This year, everyone is asking, "when are you going to have a baby?"

I am so annoyed by it now. It was still fine, but recently it started to eat into me. Those who asked, not just those elder relatives, but also my friends. Some friends even know my plan yet they would just keep on asking and asking "why don't you want to have a child now?" Worse still, now they said a lot of other things "you're not young anymore you know...... You're old enough already...... If you don't have it now, what if later you can't have? It's different, you should have it now, not later."


For your knowledge, I am 29 this year. Right, I'm not that young anymore. The risk is higher for those who only give birth after 30. I'm old enough, yes...... All that I know and I understand. I do not need another person to tell or remind me how old I am and how risky it is.


Why is everyone expecting a lady to conceive immediately right after they're married?! So what if I really got pregnant right after? Are they going to feed my baby for me? Are they going to pay or reward me for that? Okay, they congratulate me and feel happy for me. So??? They aren't the ones bearing the consequences of having a child.


These people, they just do not understand. What if I really can't conceive? Don't they think by asking those questions it will only hurt me? Do I have to tell the whole world that I can't conceive or I do not want to have children?


Bloody hell...... The more I think about it the more pissed I am.


It is only my family that understands me. Both mom and dad never rush me to have children. They never asked me when I am going to have children. They wouldn't want me to have a baby while I'm still renting too. Sisters are very supportive too, second elder sister told me to have a healthy body before I really plan to conceive.



Is it wrong in the society to have children at a later age??????? I wonder!
If it's not wrong, what's the rush?! Don't tell me all the but's. We're all grown up adults, we know what we're doing.

So, in the future, be wise in asking that B question. Not all of us like it!


And now I know the best answer to those questions, SMILE. That is the best answer. No explanation, no argument, no excuses......

Category: 0 comments

No comments: