Husband and Wife

I am at this new stage of life for almost 5 months. When a friend was sharing her newly wedded life with a few of us, it also left me wondering if I am fulfilling my responsibilities as a wife.



Generally, all of us know that a perfect wife is one who does the followings:
Cook, wash, make bed, clean, iron, feed the husband...... What else did I forget?

I don't cook for Andrew. I don't wash for him too, all our clothes send to the laundry shop. I hardly iron for him too, he irons his own working clothes. I make bed, but if I were in a rush, Andrew would do it for me. I don't clean the room that often too, Andrew sometimes would clean too. I don't feed Andrew, he's got his own hands for goodness' sake!!! All of the above, I only do 40% of them. Am I a bad and irresponsible wife?


If you do not already know, I am renting a room. The living room doesn't belong to me 'cause I'm staying with a bunch of "monkeys" who do not even want to clean the house. Roster? Been there done that. Trust me, whatever I could do to make them do the cleaning, I've done it. What did I get? A bunch of "monkeys" that cannot be taught.


I do not do anything in the living room now. I watch TV in my room, online in my room, read in my room, and sometimes eat in my room. A friend asked me, how could I put up with all this? Well, I have to. And I kind of get immuned to it now. It was hard initially, I kept complaining to Andrew. Other than complaining, we couldn't do a thing. I noticed that Andrew also got annoyed of me complaining so much to him. I stopped whining and get over it. Now I keep telling myself, or ourselves, our house will be ready by end of next year, be patient.


Yes, we spend a lot on eating out and taking the dirty laundry to the dobi ('cause I do not want to buy a washing machine and end up those "monkeys" will be using them while I'm not home). But we have to get through all this together.


I feel darn lucky to have such an understanding husband. Now we try to save as much money as possible for the new house.


Sometimes, it is very difficult for someone to understand our situation. We do not have any family member here that we can turn to when things go bad. So far, we did everything all on our own in KL. We can't be crying and running back to the arms of our parents in our hometowns. We made tough decisions on our own. And we are responsible for our decisions.


We started off late, we bought our first house late, we married late...... We can't blame anyone or anything. All we can do is get through all this hand in hand.


I've already made up my mind, I want a nice kitchen for my new house. I've seen my mom and Andrew's mom suffering in that small kitchen of theirs, I do not want that. I do not mind a simple living room, but kitchen and bedroom, I need both of them to be nice and comfortable.


Hopefully by then, I could be a better wife.

Category: 0 comments

No comments: