Passing

I am back in KT.

Was here last weekend. Last Sunday, Andrew's mom told us that his uncle (Andrew's auntie's husband) was hospitalized. We wanted to go visit him, but his family told us he didn't want us to go.

Uncle was diagnosed with nose cancer 3 years ago. The first time I met him, was in Tung Shin Hospital, to receive chemotherapy and radiotherapy. He looked fit and healthy. He had to undergo 5 weeks of intense chemotherapy and radiotherapy. I was pretty shocked as I know how harmful they could be to our human body.

One month later, auntie called as she would like to have dinner with us. Uncle's therapies were coming to an end and they were going back to KT soon. When I saw uncle for the second time, I didn't know what to say. He was half of his size one month ago. Uncle said he wanted to have some Cantonese fried noodles, but when the noodles came, one small mouthful was all he could take. It was too painful for him to eat, his throat was badly burnt due to the radiotherapy. It was so sad. Although we are not very close with him, but knowing that he was a good person and he was still a close relative, you just couldn't help but feel sad.

Over the past 3 years, there were a few relapse. But he never wanted us to go visit him. Andrew met him this Chinese new year and said that he was looking ok. Last week, we didn't know he was in such a critical condition. Tuesday evening, Andrew's mom called and said uncle passed away that afternoon.

This morning was his funeral. All the emotions came rushing back when I saw they started sealing the coffin. That, to me, symbolizes the person is forever gone and I shall never see nor touch that person again. My brother-in-law, my grandma...... Nobody would understand that emotion.

Andrew and I didn't go to KB for the cremation ceremony. It was a relieve to me because I know how hard it could be to the family and I just couldn't bear to see it.

Tonight, I don't know what time, will be rushing back to KL. Gotta work tomorrow.
Category: 5 comments

5 comments:

Berry said...

So sorry to hear that... deepest condolences.. hugs..hugs...

Melissa said...

Ash..am so sorry to hear about the bad news.
Really sad & difficult to accept the fact. But life still goes on for others. Hope auntie able to stay strong! Hugssssss...

Ashley said...

Thanks berry. *hugs*

Ashley said...

Thanks mel mel. They are ok, they seem to be very strong during the funeral.

Alesia said...

I'm sorry for your loss Ash, now he's in a better place free from all sufferings.