My Water Moments

Me, is a water person I would say. Friends invited me to go for some challenging mountain-climbing (Mount KK), I said NO without any hesitation and much consideration. When they asked me to go for a beach vacation, I almost jumped and yelled in excitement. Ironically, I can't swim well in the open sea without a life jacket and I can't dive. :)

Last August, 5 of us went to Redang Island. It was my second time. My first time was 7 years ago. That is a long time huh! Redang Island has all the sun and beaches one could ever dream of. I am missing Redang terribly.

One disappointment we had during our beach vacation was, none of us have a waterproof camera. I brought my precious Canon 450D alongside with my sweet baby iPhone. But both of them are useless junks when it comes to water. I couldn't bring neither of them out to the snorkeling trips. Undeniably, my DSLR could take best landscape photos. However, I couldn't take a panorama view of the beach in one "sweep". Bummer.

On the second day of our Redang escapade, disaster happened. Wan Yi's dearest hubby, Kong's one-week-old baby Nokia N97 decided to take a dip in the sea. We all thought Redang beach is just so irresistible. Hahaha. Kong was busy taking our photos using my DSLR, while his N97 was in one of his pockets. He was so engrossed in taking photos of us in the water, he moved towards the sea deeper and deeper. I think N97 has gotten a great dip in the sea for good 5 minutes before its owner finally came to his senses. LOL! We tried to dry it, sun it, blow it and everything we could ever think of. It came back to life for a moment, and it went dead forever. Kong was doing the best he could to resuscitate his baby, too bad that he failed.

During our trip, we have also witnessed another mishap. A brand new Canon Ixus (couldn't see exactly what model) went into malfunction after getting hit by a splash of water came flying onto the boat! We all felt so sorry for that girl! Just one minute ago she was so proud of her camera and happy snapping away. :(

Few months ago, I saw this exciting + interesting + awesome baby in Sony Exhibition, Mid Valley. Gosh, it totally swept both Andrew and I off our feet! The new Sony TX5 that could take pretty photos even in the water!!! It is totally water-proof! No casing and no hassle required. Isn't that awesome?

Look at the photo below, that was when Kong's N97 decided to go for a dip! If only we had the Sony TX5.


One person has just always got to sacrifice to stay dry to take photos. If only we had Sony TX5, all of us could just join in the fun!


You may notice there isn't any photo of us snorkeling, because we were too afraid to bring our cameras along during our snorkeling trips! Again, if only we had Sony TX5.

And how I wish I could do the one-sweep panorama of the beautiful landscape. The best I could do with my Canon 450D is this. Sigh...... If only I had the Sony TX5.


Despite the much desired water-proof (underwater of 3m deep up to 60 minutes) and the Intelligent Sweep Panorama (horizontally or vertically, any way you like it), Sony Cybershot TX5 (10.2MP) comes with the Exmor R" CMOS Sensor, BIONZ imaging processor and Carl Zeiss® Lens that promise great quality photos even in low-light.

Sony TX5 is light and slim, what people nowadays desire. With 17.7mm thin and weighs 128g, you can easily slid it into your handbag or pocket.

Wait, hold your breath just right there. It is also temperature-proof (up to -10ºC), dust-proof (that means spotless images anytime anywhere) and shock-proof (up to a height of 1.5m)! Can you believe it? I especially love the temperature-proof thingy because I like to travel. Still remember early of this year when I was in Taiwan and I was worrying sick that the cold weather would make my DSLR go misty inside. Plus, I don't have to worry about bumping or dropping my camera while I am in the action of taking great photos!


How do you take a panorama picture with Sony TX5? It's simple. Just hold the shutter and sweep from left to right (or vice versa), or from top to bottom (or vice versa). Voila. You got your panorama photo. :)

Ever feel frustrated with your blurry photos especially in a low-light situation? Tell me about it. Even with my DSLR, I have to normally do a lot of manual settings in low-light situation. And, I can't even move a hair while pressing the shutter! With Sony TX5, all I will have to do is just click away. The Anti-motion Blur mode uses six superimposed frames to create one single optimised image with 50% less noise. That gives you the ability to shoot with high ISO in low-light environments, reducing noise and subject blur. Hence, clear and sharp images!

Plus...... Sony TX5 can take 10 photos in 1 second!!! That is insanely awesome! I'll never have to worry that I'll miss the action again or blurry images.


Nope, I haven't quite finished yet. Video/Movie recording on Sony TX5 is of 720 HD recording. Yes, you can also take video under water. :) And the touch screen LCD enables you to have a better view in the water and the touch screen works just fine even if it's under water.

Watch this video to see how the touch screen works in the water.

I think most of you would be wondering why on earth I need a normal point & shoot digital camera since I have already got a good Canon EOS 450D. First, 450D can't do video recording. My iPhone can't do video recording too. I've been constantly searching for a right compact digital camera that I could do movie. Secondly, you can't pack 450D into your handbag or pocket. I love to shoot randomly, I see interesting subject, I shoot. My iPhone can give me that randomness but the photos are not as good as I want them to be. And my iPhone is at its worst in low-light situation. Thirdly, and most importantly, I can't bring my 450D down to the water, can I?! One tiny drop of rain on it already make me go oh-gosh-it-is-so-going-to-die. What's more to dip it in the water! I can't do the same to my iPhone too!

Then, it is the intelligent sweep panorama. I can do panorama photos with 450D by taking a few photos of a scene from different angle and Photoshop them into one piece. But me being the lazy bum, the "sweep" panorama sounds just too sweet for me to resist. Last but not least, I fell in love with self-portrait recently! Go on, laugh and call me vain, but I just love self-portrait. :) With my heavy and bulky 450D, you have to hold it with both hands. Those of you who like to do self-portrait, you should know better what I mean.

And now, Nuffnang is kind enough to run this contest to give away 3 (mind you, it's 3) Sony TX5. I am keeping my fingers crossed and praying so hard that I could be 1 of that 3 lucky charming Nuffnangers. Wish me luck! :)

Want to try your luck too? Try here. :) Good luck!

Click to know more about Sony Cybershot TX5.

Not enough? Here is another one. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wish u all the best...BEST OF LUCK!!
yea...i'm quite tempted to this new model too...despite the design, the features are good as well!