Quotes

Do you love/like quotes? Whether they're famous, so long as they mean something at some point of my life, I love them. Some of them are branded in my memory permanently, some I could hardly recall. I, consider myself as a quote-aholic.

Quotes do not necessary come from a book or written literature. It could be a sentence in a movie, lyrics of a song, conversations, musical, drama, poems, article, speech...... Some of the quotes are so famous because they come from a famous figure, such as William Shakespeare, Winston Churchill, Nelson Mandela, Gandhi, Nirvana......

My all-time favorite quote, from Radio Friendly Unit Shifter, by Nirvana, the ever oh-so-famous short-lived band. "I love you for what I am not. I did not want what I have got." I did not know about Nirvana that much, only heard few of their songs every now and then (but thanks to YouTube now, I could listen to every song of theirs). I can't remember in what occasion that quote came to me. It's been my favorite for many years, perhaps more than 10 years. I find that the statement is so true. We all are in love with someone that is different from us. The creator has made all of us different from each other. Every one of us is to complete each other.

Another quote that sits at the top of my favorite is from William Shakespeare. "I am not bound to please thee with my answer." I think it is from his work "The Merchant of Venice". Not too sure. Found this quote many years ago too randomly on the internet. It reminds me that I shall only speak with honesty, not to please others. Even when the honesty may hurt, I shall then choose to remain silence. It also kind of tells me that I am of no obligation to speak to please someone. Hahaha.

There are lots of funny quotes too. Recently saw this from Jenny Sun's FB walls, "If at first you don't succeed, try, try and try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it", from W. C. Fields. Every time I think about this quote, I can't help but laugh. Andrew looks at it differently, he said it means "try to do it another way", which is true as well.

There's another cute one, "If I had no sense of humor, I would long ago have committed suicide". Can you guess who said it? Ahh...... It's so easy, just copy and paste this in Google search and you could get the answer. LOL! :P

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. ~ Margaret Wolfe Hungerford
Category: 2 comments

2 comments:

Berry said...

Agreed :) I also love it :)

znmtrhmxh said...

zulU67 kvnajxmckyjl, [url=http://uuvfdnprltyd.com/]uuvfdnprltyd[/url], [link=http://fyivedpuvfwa.com/]fyivedpuvfwa[/link], http://bvuywbkhlyds.com/